Dove Air’s mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. We believe that where you live should never dictate whether you live. We are at the forefront of a logistics revolution, using autonomous aircraft to deliver just-in-time, lifesaving medical supplies at a national scale in several countries and expanding around the world. Are you interested in building a system that 500 million people will depend on with their lives? Ready to change the world?
About the Role:
As an Aerodynamics Engineer, you are responsible for Aerodynamic design, test, and analysis for unmanned aerial vehicle systems. You bring superb technical, research, and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right work done quickly and effectively, diving deep, producing analysis, and communicating results to a broad audience of content experts.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform aerodynamic configuration trade studies on mission performance that includes effects of weight, fuel, stability and control, propulsion, and payloads
- Develop aerodynamic databases for use in 6 degrees of freedom simulation models (aero tables)
- Maintain current legacy computer analysis programs, and support the development of modified and new software tools and methods
- Coordinate with mechanical design and manufacturing to generate detailed drawings
- Support Aircraft design through all phases from conceptual and preliminary aerodynamic design analyses to integration and test activities
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace Engineering or related field (or equivalent experience in lieu of degree )
- 4+ years experience in aerodynamic conceptual and preliminary design
- Experience partnering with a multidisciplinary engineering team, including mechanical, electronic, propulsion and software disciplines
- Excellent written and verbal communication; ability to explain complex concepts and designs to colleagues across disciplines
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment and an appetite for innovation
- Experience Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS)
- Experience in communicating with management, as well as technical and business teams to collect requirements, describe product features and technical designs
- Experience with data processing and visualization tools such as Matlab or Excel
- Experience in creating test automation scripts using Python or similar
We value diversity at Dove Air and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
Dove Air is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, favorite ice cream flavor, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our own sensibilities.