Dove Air’s mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. We believe that where you live should never dictate whether you live. We are at the forefront of a logistics revolution, using autonomous aircraft to deliver just-in-time, lifesaving medical supplies at a national scale in several countries and expanding around the world. Are you interested in building a system that 500 million people will depend on with their lives? Ready to change the world?
About the Role:
Are you a passionate, results-oriented self-starter who enjoys writing and running server code using best-in-class practices?
Dove Air is looking for a Backend Engineer to join our team in Palo Alto, CA. In this role, you’ll collaborate to architect, design, and implement our API services. You will be part of a core system development team working alongside frontend engineers and product managers. Your day may involve brainstorming new features, delivering on defined roadmaps, or hustling to meet customer expectations. Your work will be touched by real users as Dove Air launches unique airspace and delivers products to the public.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and implement backend software systems to make data accessible
- Design and implement integration tests that include your backend server work
- Participate in team software processes, including requirement and test-plan generation, design doc creation, implementation with code review, and deployment
- Work on cross-disciplinary problems such as large scale Information storage and retrieval, geospatial mapping technologies, Unmanned Traffic Management systems
What You’ll Need:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years developing back end services (We primarily write C++ and Python)
- Experience developing and maintaining production systems deployed to the cloud
- Experience developing RESTful Web Services
- Experience handling sensitive customer data and logs
- Experience with distributed locking, consensus algorithms, or similar architectures
- Ability to design and implement mission-critical software developed according to a rigorous process
- Strong experience in designing and implementing highly horizontally-scalable architecture
- Experience with CI platforms (Jenkins, CircleCI, Travis, etc)
- Passion for Aviation and Drone technologies
We value diversity at Dove Air and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
Dove Air is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, favorite ice cream flavor, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our sensibilities.