Dove Air’s mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. We believe that where you live should never dictate whether you live. We are at the forefront of a logistics revolution, using autonomous aircraft to deliver just-in-time, lifesaving medical supplies at a national scale in several countries and expanding around the world. Are you interested in building a system that 500 million people will depend on with their lives?
Ready to change the world?
Lead the Board, represent the Group and act as the overall custodian of the Group on behalf of the Board and the stakeholders.
- Chair and oversee the performance of the Board, ensuring its effectiveness in all aspects of its role and set a Board agenda, which is primarily focused on strategy, performance, value creation, and accountability, ensuring that issues relevant to these areas are reserved for the Board decision.
- Ensure, in conjunction with the Group Chief Executive, that the Board determines the nature and extent of the material risks the Group is willing to embrace in the implementation of its strategy.
- Ensure that the directors receive accurate, high quality, and timely information and reports to enable them to effectively monitor all aspects of the Group’s business.
- Ensure the Board has effective decision-making processes, is fully appraised of the Group’s strategic direction, and has the opportunity to debate and contribute to major proposals.
- Ensure the Board’s Committees are properly structured with appropriate terms of reference.
- Chair the Governance and Nomination Committee ensuring regular consideration of succession planning and the composition of the Board and its Committees.
- Facilitate the effective contribution of non-executive directors and encourage open constructive communication, both in and outside the Boardroom, between the non-executive directors and the executive team.
- Hold meetings with the non-executive directors, without the executive directors being present.
- Lead the development of the Group’s culture by the Board.
- In conjunction with Dove Air’s Chief Executive ensure effective engagement with shareholders, including ensuring their views are communicated to the Board as a whole
- Ensure, in conjunction with the Group Chief Executive, and supported by the Deputy Chairman, effective engagement with stakeholders to understand issues and develop relationships, in particular clients and customers, employees, governments and regulators, business partners, rating agencies, the media, special interest groups who have legitimate concerns or involvement and the communities in which the Group operates.
- Promote high standards of integrity, probity, ethics, diversity & inclusion.
- Ensure that the Group operates to the highest standards of corporate governance.
- Consult the Senior Independent Director on board matters under Corporate Governance Codes.
Board Induction, Evaluation, and Development
- Lead evaluation of the performance of the Board, its Committees and individual directors at least once a year, and act on the results by recognizing the strengths and addressing the weaknesses of the Board.
- Oversee the assessment of fitness and propriety of those non-executive directors who are not in the scope of the Senior Managers Regime and the related notification requirements to the Prudential Regulation Authority.
- Lead on matters of director development, including the development and monitoring the effective implementation of policies and procedures for the induction, training and professional development of all directors and regular reviews with all directors
At this critical and exciting time with a new ambitious strategic plan for the next five years, we are looking for a Chair that shares our values and commitment to a wilder Dove Air. You will bring significant governance experience, be comfortable in an ambassadorial role, and be an effective and natural communicator. You will have gravitas and credibility as well as strategic leadership experience within a changing context at a senior level. Dove Air is truly committed to achieving greater diversity at board level from under-represented groups and welcomes applications regardless of sex, gender, race, age, sexuality, belief, or disability.
We value diversity at Dove Air and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
Dove Air is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, favorite ice cream flavor, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our sensibilities.