Dove Air’s mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. We believe that where you live should never dictate whether you live. We are at the forefront of a logistics revolution, using autonomous aircraft to deliver just-in-time, lifesaving medical supplies at a national scale in several countries and expanding around the world. Are you interested in building a system that 500 million people will depend on with their lives?
This is a hands-on role for an experienced tech-savvy executive who is looking for a new exciting challenge to lead a young dynamic non profit. It is your opportunity to contribute to the growth and personal development of its team.
As the Chief Executive Officer of Dove Air, you will be responsible for fundraising and investor relationships, the overall operations of the business, revenue generation, coordination and development of the executive team as well as the growth of a high caliber organization.
Ready to change the world?
The Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Develop and execute go-to market plan initiatives for key partners
- Represent Dove and become go-to person for partners’ executive team
- Collaborate cross functionally to deliver on key objectives from the partners
- Negotiate key commercial, IP, and engagement terms
- Provide management oversight and responsibility across the organization to ensure the effective and efficient functioning of the organization;
- Provide strong and clear leadership internally to the organization and its people and externally to the organization’s stakeholders.
- CEO experience leading and scaling a small team, startup experience preferred
- Strategic insight into B2B/licensing business development in artificial intelligence and SaaS models
- Maintain awareness of political, governmental, business and industry components of the external environment, on a local, national and international level
- Advise and provide major input into the organization of Executive Committee meetings by a) Identifying and prioritizing issues of interest to Executive Committee members; b) Developing and managing evaluation systems related to technical assistance programs and investment projects to facilitate the coordination of working modalities with the bilateral and implementing agencies; c) Maintaining effective high-level liaison with senior representatives of the Executive Committee,
- Fundraising experience for early-stage start-ups from venture capital and/or angel investment
- Monitor and interpret the external environment in order to continually position the organization in its markets to best advantage
- Leadership skills, entrepreneurial energy, proactiveness, and efficient multi-tasking
- Proven ability to lead the development and implementation of a strategic plan, and achieve impact through policy change
- Observe limitations of authority as set from time to time by the board
- Experience of creating networks, building partnerships and forging coalitions to achieve change, and an ability to manage diverse relationships to secure new opportunities
- Ensure the organization’s code of conduct/values is a living document, regularly updated, monitored and communicated with ongoing training provided
- Ensuring legal, ethical and professional practices and boundaries consistent with the organization’s code of conduct/values are adhered to
- Proven ability to speak and communicate effectively, and to tailor messages to different audiences including at a political level
- Excellent political judgment, and ability to manage disagreement and build consensus
- Experience of successfully operating in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, and knowledge and understanding of key development, human rights, and humanitarian issues
- Knowledge and understanding of the UN system, and an ability to navigate it effectively, and translate it for non-specialists
- Ability to manage individuals and build an effective team, in a way that balances support and challenge
- Commitment to Dove Air’s values
- Good knowledge of the mandates and modalities of the international humanitarian sector including the UN cluster system and capacity;
- Sensitivity to cross-cultural dynamics in the workplace;
- Knowledge of the aerospace or UAS industry a bonus
- Familiarity with logistics, supply chain or pharma space
- Experience in pre revenue to revenue partnerships
- Excellent cross-functional engagement
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience with platform and ecosystem plays (cloud computing, 3-sided marketplaces, etc)
A compensation, aligned with the company’s growth objectives and its very significant upside opportunity, including performance-based incentives, will be offered to the right candidate.