Dove Air’s mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. We believe that where you live should never dictate whether you live. We are at the forefront of a logistics revolution, using autonomous aircraft to deliver just-in-time, lifesaving medical supplies at a national scale in several countries and expanding around the world. Are you interested in building a system that 500 million people will depend on with their lives?
Ready to change the world?
Dove Air is seeking an experienced CTO, with previous experience managing production for robotics, automotive or aviation products, ideally with a background in aviation maintenance regulations, who will be responsible for the safe, orderly and efficient execution of the maintenance and aircraft production functions of the company, including all aspects of compliance with applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, and principles of sound production and maintenance discipline. As a member of the Dove Air’s executive team, your input will be sought on strategic matters and you will be instrumental in shaping the company’s future activities. We’re looking for people ready to innovate with a team, develop new procedures, and solve challenging problems! You will be at the forefront of a new effort!
What You Will Do
- Direct all activities related to the production and manufacturing of Dove Air’s products to maximize production output while maintaining the highest levels of quality and control.
- Implement and develop a Manufacturing Execution System (MES) to manage global production activities.
- Direct activities related to achieving and maintaining the airworthiness of aircraft.
- Build, train, and develop a team of world-class aviation engineers that will support build, maintenance, and repair for the entire fleet.
- Monitor operations to ensure that staff members comply with administrative policies and procedures, safety rules, environmental policies, and government regulations.
- Develop supply chain and inventory management tools and direct production forecasts to ensure just-in-time supply of parts and materials.
- Develop maintenance and aircraft production policies, tools, and processes.
- Develop part tracking, compliance, and supply management programs and processes.
- Manage global production and maintenance budgets, to maximize output and create efficiencies throughout all processes.
- Develop strategies to ensure operations meet the company’s growth requirements and assist with business strategy to help drive future growth of the company
- Coordinate and support the business and department leaders to establish work priorities, workflow, and standards, as well as, analyze and resolve work problems and remain available for consultation of matters relating to work being performed.
- Confer with the Director of Operations and engineering departments on strategic business development and key corporate planning issues that impact the operations of the company
- Set maintenance policies and standards, including determining safety procedures and processes.
- Inspect work of aircraft mechanics performing a build, maintenance, modification, or repair and overhaul of aircraft and aircraft mechanical systems to ensure adherence to standards and procedures.
- Experience implementing and leading aircraft, robotics, or automotive production activities.
- Familiarity with MES tools and software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or a related field.
- 8 years of industry experience in production management or operations management roles.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact at all levels (including executive) with all internal and external business partners.
- Experience with modern avionics. Prior aviation QA/QC system experience.
- Must demonstrate the following core competencies: entrepreneurship, change leadership, negotiation, and influence, business acumen, operational decision making, customer orientation, driving for results, managing and measuring work, interpersonal skills, and superior ability to positively relate and communicate to customers.
We value diversity at Dove Air and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
Dove Air is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, favorite ice cream flavor, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our sensibilities.