Dove Air is developing the most advanced fleet of autonomous vehicles in the world to serve its mission of providing life-saving medical products across the planet. To do this, we’re building teams of the best and brightest engineers to come up with simple solutions to really hard problems.
We’re looking for people who are as excited as we are to solve these complex problems and make a tremendous impact on our future, and who want to be surrounded by authentic people while we do it. We are searching for a Perception Engineer to join our engineering team in South Africa!
Some problems you might work on:
- Use sensor data from our autonomous aircraft to detect hazards, make intelligent routing decisions, and fly through dense obstacles
- Design innovative sensors configurations to operate on a mass-constrained platform
- Evaluate the entire system and contribute to system-level trades to find the most effective ways to operate our lifesaving service in complex environments
- Deploy your algorithms to a fleet of autonomous aircraft that collectively flies enough kilometers to circumnavigate the globe (around the equator) every day
We’re excited to meet you if you have experience with some of these (not necessarily all):
- Signal processing, especially in imaging or perception
- Machine learning, especially for processing real-world sensor data
- Computer vision, especially in embedded systems or robotics
- Solving problems with techniques you previously knew nothing about
We value diversity at Dove Air and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position, but you are unsure if you meet all the requirements listed above, please apply!
Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. To achieve this, we are building an awesome team of smart, dedicated engineers who come from all sorts of backgrounds.