Dove Air’s mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. We believe that where you live should never dictate whether you live. We are at the forefront of a logistics revolution, using autonomous aircraft to deliver just-in-time, lifesaving medical supplies at a national scale in several countries and expanding around the world. Are you interested in building a system that 500 million people will depend on with their lives?
Ready to change the world?
Dove Air operates the world’s only national-scale drone delivery systems, sending urgent medicines like lifesaving blood and vaccines to those in need, no matter where they live.
Today, Dove Air operates across Mozambique and DRC, and we’re expanding quickly. Local operations teams are responsible for the success of Dove Air in their country, from managing the execution of our drone deliveries to providing an excellent experience for our customers and key stakeholders.
The Global Fulfillment Team is responsible for the software that drives Dove Air’s operations, customer experience, and client experience. This team owns the software that doctors and nurses at hospitals use to place orders, that our operations team uses to manage inventory and fulfill incoming orders, and that our key stakeholders use to understand what deliveries we’ve made and when.
As this team’s first full-stack software engineer in Africa, you will work closely with our local operations teams in Mozambique and DRC. You’ll also engage with our external customers. On a day-to-day basis, you’ll work with a distributed team of full-stack software engineers based in Cape Town, building products that will make a difference in all aspects of Dove Air’s operations. You’ll own projects end-to-end, from conception to MVP to production. Your work will have an immediate and lasting impact on the future of Dove Air.
Problems you’ll work on:
- Developing an interface for Dove Air’s partners to have visibility into the hospitals that are benefiting from Dove Air’s services
- Designing a simple and dependable system for doctors and nurses to order life-saving supplies from Dove Air, regardless of their internet connectivity
- Empowering our operations teams with amazing software tools to track inventory, process orders, prepare aircraft, and monitor flight status
- Building out the DRC-based full-stack engineering team and driving the future of the products that this team owns
We’re excited to meet you if you have some or all of the following:
- 3+ years experience in a software engineering role, 1+ years in a senior role
- Experience building production web services with consideration for security, scalability, and reliability
- Experience using application server frameworks (bonus points for Django)
- Experience rapidly prototyping new product concepts, and excitement to work in an environment where you’ll be learning quickly from your users to define a product
- Understanding of automated testing practices and the ability to apply them to produce solid code that can be iterated on quickly
- Knowledge of database fundamentals like indexing, SQL queries, schema migrations, and managing backups and strong data model design skills
- Experience managing production services (bonus points for building services to work in low-connectivity situations)
We value diversity at Dove Air and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position, but you are unsure if you meet all the requirements listed above, please apply!
Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. To achieve this, we are building an awesome team of smart, dedicated engineers who come from all sorts of backgrounds.