Dove Air’s mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. We believe that where you live should never dictate whether you live. We are at the forefront of a logistics revolution, using autonomous aircraft to deliver just-in-time, lifesaving medical supplies at a national scale in several countries and expanding around the world. Are you interested in building a system that 500 million people will depend on with their lives?
Ready to change the world?
Dove Air is at the forefront of a logistics revolution, using autonomous aircraft to deliver just-in-time, lifesaving medical supplies around the world, and we’re looking for motivated, proactive team members to join us.
At Dove Air, we live our core values of transparency, servant leadership, and customer-centricity. Our team’s collaborative nature combined with a high-energy environment means we tackle seemingly impossible challenges together.
As a test operator, you’ll have the critical task of testing the system to make sure we can deliver medical products reliably every time. This includes pre-flighting and launching airplanes, preparing packages for delivery, performing tests on new hardware and software, and constantly working to improve the process. You’ll also be expected to provide detailed technical feedback and ideas to the engineering team on how to make our system safer and smarter. Your work will directly improve the reliable availability of medical products and supplies for patients at the hospitals and health centers that Dove Air serves.
Test Operator Responsibilities
Fulfill – Process mock orders in our inventory system, manage a health supply warehouse, pack and process orders to simulate field operations
Fly – Assemble, preflight, launch, and recover planes to test and optimize Dove Air’s operational system and validate new engineering changes.
Maintain – Maintain the fleet of planes and ground equipment
Test – Run tests to validate system improvements, new technology, and new processes
Improve – Constantly look for ways to optimize our processes, improve our hardware and software, and make operations easier and more efficient for operations centers around the world.
Grow – Support Dove Air’s efforts to scale our operations to hundreds of distribution centers around the world.
You should be part of this team if…
- You have a positive attitude and love working with a close-knit team
- You thrive in an autonomous environment where you identify what needs to happen and get it done with very little oversight
- You enjoy working in a hands-on, dynamic, sometimes unpredictable environment
- You love to work outdoors and would be happy doing so for 80% of the day
- You enjoy optimizing and fine-tuning processes while running them daily
- You are great at concise technical communications with an engineering team
- You are meticulous and process-oriented by nature
- You are excited at the potential to travel internationally
Within 3 months you will…
- Become fully certified on Dove Air’s operations – including fulfillment operations, flight operations, and maintenance
- Leverage your unique experience and creativity to improve our operations and product to allow Dove Air to better serve our customers
Within 6 months you will…
- Know how to troubleshoot and resolve any off-nominal situation
- Drive major efficiency and product improvements via operations optimization and continuous improvement
- Be a leader on the operations team in at least one area, such as technical maintenance, fulfillment operations, safety, process, metrics, etc.
- Be prepared to visit our global distributions centers to roll out changes, start new centers, and train teams
We value diversity at Dove Air and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
Dove Air is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, favorite ice cream flavor, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our sensibilities.